Lessons on Tube...

Posted by Paper Trail Studio on 7/13/2009 11:08:00 PM

Yeah…my first Coptic bound book!
I’ve wanted to learn this type of book binding for a while now! Researched some books to take a look at but since I'm a very visual person; decided to try another method.
So this evening I prepared the materials, got comfy and watched a few good demos on YouTube. End result: I still need to practice some more especially stitching the final signature and cove at the same time, but over all I think I got the hang of this technique.

Also found some great old maps last week at a garage sale, some I've slated for magnets and the rest will probably become journals so keep and eye on the shop.

2 comments:

Comment by Tina on July 14, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Love the book! Great job on your first one. I love those magnets and can't wait to see your journals!!!

 
Comment by Elisabeth on March 1, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Awesome job on the book...one of my favorite projects to make!

 

Post a Comment