Treasure Hunt...

Posted by Paper Trail Studio on 7/20/2009 10:57:00 PM

I am a firm supporter of the saying: one person’s trash is another’s treasure! Going to thrift shops - especially ones with lots of books and house wares, is one of my favorite things to do. A bit of just that was done this afternoon; a spontaneous last minute side trip, where I scored $3.59 worth’s of joy!

A fifty-nine cent stoneware mug that I knew the moment I saw it, would make a great home for my recently purchased enviro pencils. I fell in love with the yellow, olive and brown combination on this mug and couldn't leave it behind.

Those pencils are made by Dixon, 100% recycled wood was used to produce them and they are not painted that awful school bus yellow.

Two ninety-nine cents, hand carved wooden bowls, to be used on my desk for miscellaneous items.

And not shown six wooden coasters (ninety-nine cents for all six), I plan to upcycle for my etsy shop. I did a little happy dance as I was left the shop…it’s all about the little things!

0 comments:

Post a Comment