All That Shimmer...

Posted by Paper Trail Studio on 10/29/2010 10:13:00 AM

I love going to art supply stores – my pocket book not so much. Problem is once I walk thought the door all supply budgets are automatically forgotten and must have madness takes control....well that's my story anyway!
So look what I found yesterday while looking at some very pricey acrylic inks

Niji Pearlescent watercolor cake paint set

They are shimmery watercolors that can be used alone or with other water based media. After testing them out I understood why they were placed in the ink section. If you do calligraphy or rubber stamping these little cakes helps illuminate and/or highlight your image nicely, just add water and voila!

They work amazingly on black paper since most of the colours have a nice opacity (a couple are transparent) and they layer really well.

The sets come in either 16 or 21 and I love the fact that its paint not powder because I hate cleaning that stuff up once it’s been blow everywhere. The price isn’t to shabby and my pocket book wasn’t too badly hurt.

In paper goodness news: my postman just handed me a box that contained

Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante Paper Pad.

What a great way to finish the week!

3 comments:

Comment by Stephanie Joanna on October 30, 2010 at 7:17 PM

ooohhhh post photos of the projects you make with this, please!

 
Comment by Bonafyde on November 23, 2010 at 3:12 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Comment by Bonafyde on November 23, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Ok one, it might not be a good idea if we hit up Deserres together because the enabling would be HIGH! I've been eyeing those very watercolors and wondered if they work well, etc... besides I do own a bunch of twinkling H2O's.... I was being good. But heck just looking at your paletter sample and I'm thinking I NEED to buy some... besides they weren't expensive.... ;)

 

Post a Comment